bartender, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Work domain - Services:
- Collect money for drinks served.
-Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies.
-Supervise the work of bar staff and other bartenders.
-Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
-Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
-Plan bar menus.
-Prepare appetizers such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
-Ask customers who become loud and obnoxious to leave, or physically remove them.
-Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays
-Create drink recipes.