Senior Cad Designer UG/NX, RLE Internationa
Târgu Jiu, Romania
Work domain - It Telecom:
Daniel Costea 29902 Barwell Rd. Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Tel: 248 506 5520 email: email@example.com
Objective: To apply my design skills and experience in a strong and dynamic organization.
Experience: Proficient in TeamCenter 8 and NX 7.5 (parametric modeling)
11/2013-present RLE INTERNATIONAL. Designing and developing handicap access ramp for
AMTRAK passenger cars. Designed concepts of movable platforms for Amtrak passenger Trains. Includes using NX Solid Modeling, Assembly creation, Assembly constraints and use of Sequences for Motion.
- Created animations for all Design Concepts.
- Created models of mechanisms assisting Mechanical Engineers.
Assigned to Ford benchmarking project as a commodity manager. This position involved identifying the correct parts to order and co-ordination with Ford engineers and McKinsey representatives.
Managed the receipt of ordered parts and verified the correct commodities were obtained.
Supervised the tracking of commodities, and ensured that parts were delivered to Ford and suppliers on time.
Developed, trained and supervised a team of employees, ensuring that the project was completed ahead of schedule and significantly under budget.
11/2012-11/2013 EMERGENT SYSTEMS. on site at Calsonic Kansei North America, Inc.
- Senior Designer for interior trim CPM (cockpit module) and center console, responsible for design and developmental of B surface from the styling surface
04/2012-10/2012 AEROTEK INC. - Senior Designer on site at GM Tech Center (Warren)
- Senior Designer for Body in White lower structures
- Advanced Vehicle Design: responsible for the design and package of the rear spider assembly.
- Responsible for design and package of the front lower structure.
10/2011- 03/2012 TATA TECHNOLOGIES - on site at Chrysler (Auburn Hills)
- Senior Designer for Interior Trim – Doors: responsible for the mid and upper bolsters, armrest and plastic substrate of the door
03/2008-09/2011 DELTEX INC. Fleet Manager
- Responsible to manage a fleet of refrigerated trucks leased on with Fedex Custom Critical and a team of 12 drivers.
12/2005 – 2/2008 ROUSH INDUSTRIES - Senior Designer
- US Postal Service trucks: conceptual and prototype designs for interior systems packaging, seat packaging, restraints, instrument cluster, adjustable mail tray, HVAC;
- Body in White rear wheelhouse design, frt. bumper, load floor layout.
- HMMWV (Humvee) AM General program: Design responsible for weapons mount turret, complete rear body assembly, armored glazing assemblies, armored plating systems for undercarriage.
10/2003 - 12/2005 INCAT Systems Michigan - Senior Designer
- Designed and packaged extruded beams and reinforcing brackets for Recreational Vehicles, working in conjunction with suppliers
- Revised and designed cellular foam mirror gasket, door deflector, and front fender NVH pad for Ford vehicles
- Created single part, and assembly drawings for quoting,
3/2002 - 10/2003 L & W Engineering, Belleville, MI – Designer
- Designed instrument panel components, and created GD&T drawings: steel beam steering column, air bag and radio brackets for the Chevy Impala.
11/2001 - 3/2002 GM Electromotive Division La Grange, IL. - Designer
- Designed under frame components for different locomotive models.
- Created assemblies and layouts.
10/1998 - 11/2001 GM Truck & Bus Center Pontiac - Designer for Medium Duty vehicles
- Designed components for fuel tanks, tank straps, tank mounting brackets, and fuel lines
- Created layouts and assembly drawings for the parts designed
- Directly working with release engineers and FEA analysts to improve parts’ performance
- Electrical harnesses routing for various truck models
- Working with manufacturing engineers on packaging to improve assembling process
- Associate Degree in Automotive Body Design and Drafting – ongoing
- 1996 Bachelor Degree in Physical Ed. Western University of Timisoara, Romania
Additional skills: Catia V5, AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Lotus Notes
References: Available upon request