Objective To gain meaningful employment with a progressive company and to further builds on my skills within the Food and Beverage Management operations field. Personal Statement I am a highly motivated individual with a proven track record in delivering within tight deadlines and working within exact budgets. To achieve a high standard and to ensure customer satisfaction, I work closely with my team with whom I demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to build a strong, motivated team. I am fully aware of cross-cultural sensitivities and I am able to work successfully in multi-cultural environments. Career Summary I have 20 years experience in the hospitality and Food and Beverage Management industry in a variety of locations. My experience includes budgeting and management reporting, running special events, developing and motivating others, building teams and monitoring team performance through performance management. My key roles and responsibilities include: • Budget Management and Reporting • Identifying capital needs and managing approved capital budget. • Preparing annual department budget and ensuring sales and costs, and monitor progress throughout the year. • Responsible for delivering the financial result set forth in the annual budget. • Monthly forecast for all banquet operations. • Ensuring optimum guest usage and monitors levels constantly. • Performance Management of staff • Monitoring and checking that all department reports and correspondence are completed accurately and delivered punctually to the General Manager. • Responsible for leading all Events, Conferences, Exhibitions, Weddings • Pre-booking and budgeting for events such as parties and special functions. • Hiring and performance management of the entire banquet operations staff. • Detailing activities and banquet operations for the property • Operation and execution of plans annual and monthly forecasts for banquet operations. • Lead process improvements in banquet operations using post-convention reports i.e. meeting surveys and guest satisfaction surveys to measure improvement. • Liaise with Hotel banquet operations Directors to continually improve upon presentation profiles, banquets offerings and service methods under the supervision of the VIP, Food and beverage. • Overview meetings, VIP business activities, negotiating deals and contracts with a dedicated Events Sales Team as well as co-ordinating the communication between clients, sales and operations. • Staff Development and Training • Ensure that all departmental training programs are developed, executed and measured. • Ensure that leaders attend required companywide training. • Ensure that employees are trained to a competent standard. • Responsible for employee recruitment, training, developing and termination. • Sports and Fitness Programmes • Keeping up to date with the latest developments in sports and fitness techniques and equipment, and make appropriate recommendations to the management leading a team of 4 chefs 23 bar staff and a team of 156 through 11 outlets, restaurants, bars, sports club, room service and night club. • Co-ordinating guest fitness assessments and ensure each guest receives an individual exercise program along with the necessary instruction on use and safety. • Engaged with specialized instructors such as tennis, water sports, etc. and ensuring they have the necessary professional qualifications as well as high levels of interpersonal skills to deliver the guest fitness programme. • Maintaining all areas in a spotless and hygienic condition, including locker and shower rooms. • Ensuring all Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Regulations are strictly adhered to and implement any legislation as required. • Supervising Food and Beverage areas within the health, fitness and recreation areas and ensures they are efficiently operated. • Special Services • Constructing effective growth strategies. • Analyzing food safety costs. • Uncovering greater productivity via technology.
Food & Beverage / Catering / Restaurant (1/ Continental restaurant 500 seats & 2/Philippine restaurant 2500 seats& 2/ Indians & Pakistani & Nepali restaurants 4500 seats & 1/ Arabs restaurant 500 seats ( 4000 rooms ) • managing the food and beverage provision for functions and events; • supervising catering and waiting staff at functions; • planning menus in consultation with chefs; • recruiting and training permanent and casual staff; • organising, leading and motivating the catering team; • planning staff shifts and rotas; • ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed; • budgeting and establishing financial targets and forecasts; • monitoring the quality of the product and service provided; • keeping financial and administrative records; • managing the payroll and monitoring spending levels; • maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies as required; • interacting with customers if involved with front of house work; • liaising with suppliers and clients; • negotiating contracts with customers, assessing their requirements and ensuring they are satisfied with the service delivered (in contract catering); • ensuring compliance with all fire, licensing, and employment regulations; • Maximizing sales and meeting profit and financial expectations. • overseeing the management of facilities, e.g. checking event bookings and allocation of resources/staff; • planning new promotions and initiatives, and contributing to business development; • dealing with staffing and client issues; • Keeping abreast of trends and developments in the industry, such as menus or trends in consumer tastes. My main responsibilities are to manage over 200 employees, direct all operational F&B departments and concepts, set benchmarks in terms of product quality and guest satisfaction & taste of food Safety & Hygiene.
• Estimate food consumption, place orders with suppliers, and schedule delivery of fresh food and beverages • Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service. • Direct cleaning of kitchen and dining areas to maintain sanitation standards, and keep appropriate record. • Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor regulations are obeyed. • Check quality of deliveries of fresh food and baked goods. • Meet with sales representatives to order supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items. • Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services. • Experience of providing catering services for large private parties and events. • Fully aware of current equal opportunity, anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practices. • Good leadership and organization skills • Having a real passion for good food • Focused on client and customer services • Resolving problems on the spot • Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day. • Select or create successful menu items based on many considerations, and assign prices based on cost analysis. • Recruit, hire, and oversee training for staff. • Monitor food preparation and methods. Restaurant (62 Staff only catering) Main Restaurant 350, Bar lounge 120, Coffee Shop 70 seat.
• My area of Responsibility F&B Operations at a new hotel (2/Restaurants, 2/Bar and 1/ night-club 1/Conference room 700 seats) • Responsible for achieving the highest level of standards and customer satisfaction. Develop and train the F&B Team. • Suggest and discuss with superior for F&B continuous improvement. • Set F&B budget, business plan, strategies discussion. • In cooperation with Sales & Marketing, plan and implement marketing strategies for the Food & Beverage Outlets. • Participate in public relations activities, sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the Image and profitability of the hotel. ( 42 Staffs only catering ) 220 rooms 18 suites)
Leading a team of 4 chef's 23 bar staff and a team of 60 through 11 outlets, restaurants, bars, sports club, room service and night club. I ensure the customer satisfaction is maintained.Guest Rooms 350, Meeting Rooms 4, Largest Room St.Ft 350, Wi-Fi, Total Meeting Sq.Ft 300 My role covers every aspect of F&B management, from goods in to training the staff on their duties.(60Staff only catering) 350 room& 67 apartments
• Responsible for soliciting catering accounts • Entertaining and maintaining relationship with guests • Meet or exceed Food and Beverage revenue goals. • Responsible for the entire F&B department ( 4/ restaurants, 1/night-club,2/conferences&banquets) • Set-up food quality& service as 5 stars hotel, prepare the renovation of the different outlets& kitchen • Oversee client functions to ensure total Guest satisfaction. • Keep all restaurant schedules updated with all leave and control over time. • Achieving and focus budget and doing forecast • Monitoring food quality and as well as service. • Give training to Restaurant manager, assistant restaurant manager, hostess, waiter, banquet sale, Specially Banquet staff entire F& B team. • Hold monthly department communication meeting to motivate and update to associate in specially food and beverage and share ideas. • Control the receiving area by following the HACCP food safety standards. (96Staff only catering ) 276 room & 20 suites
• As F & B Manager I held the prime responsibility of controlling all food & beverage revenue centers to have the maximum yield generated within the budgeted cost.I had the opportunity to work for a resort rather than a hotel. I gained more experience of a large scale operation. recruiting and training permanent and casual staff; • organizing, leading and motivating the catering team; • Responsible for the entire F&B department ( 4/ restaurants, 1/night-club, 2/conferences& banquets)( 29 Staff only catering) 312 room & 12 suites
• Participate in the development and implementation of business strategies of the Resort. • Develop and implement strategies for food and beverage operations, marketing and sales that support achievement of the Resort’s goals. • Monitor status regularly and adjust strategies as appropriate. • Assist in developing the annual budget in conjunction with the Executive Team. • Achieve revenue goals by developing and managing food & beverage marketing, sales and product strategies. • Analyze sales and competition on a regular basis and develops strategies to increase market Share. • Responsible for the entire F&B department ( 6/Different restaurants, 4/conferences& banquets) • Develop and implement F&B marketing and sales plan. • Develop and implement menu offerings and pricing based on competition, market trends, costs, etc. Maximizes profitability by directing Food & Beverage operations. • Develop and implement operating procedures and standards that support employees in their effort to deliver great service and teamwork. • Analyze business results on a regular basis and takes action to improve results as appropriate. • Leverage system-wide expertise and resources where possible in order to incorporate best practices and deliver services on a cost effective basis. • Determine appropriate staffing levels for forecasted business and schedules employees accordingly. • Analyze and control costs by adhering to standards of operations for forecasting, budgeting, and scheduling and payroll control. • Evaluate food and beverage service quality and service levels regularly and implement strategies to improve areas of concern. • Work weekends and or nights, some shifts to be Manager on Duty. • Recruit and select qualified candidates. ( 45 Staff only catering) 360 room & 25 suites
Responsible for leading all Events, Conferences, Exhibitions, Weddings, Meetings, VIP business activities, negotiating deals and contracts with a dedicated Events Sales Team as well as coordinating the communication between clients, sales and operations.
Overseeing the running of the night club, ensuring the clients had a pleasurable experience. The safety and welfare of the clients was my key responsibility.
As the head waiter I was responsible for a number of staff with whom I had to co-ordinate to ensure customer satisfaction.
Under the supervision of the manager I helped with the running of the hotel bar. As the bar lounge supervisor I was in control of roistering staff schedules and the re-stocking of beverages.
i am responsible for co-ordinating all phases of group meeting/banquet functions held in the Hotel; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu selection. Solicit local group Food & Beverage business; maintain the services and reputation of Your Hotel and act as a management representative to group clients.
sports / playing video games /Social Hobbies (Mentoring)
"I am modest, but hard working and I consistently sets firm goals for myself. Then, once I've defined the benchmarks, I take the necessary steps to achieve those milestones."
My short term goal is to work in a reputed organization like yours where I can enhance my technical skills and knowledge.
I would prefer working in an interesting and professional job where everybody work hard and help each other to succeed as a team.
My short-term goal is to find a position that will put me in a forward-moving company with solid performance and future projections
“I have worked with others, as well as independently, and have been successful in both positions. Some jobs require teamwork to get things done more efficiently while other tasks are individual and can be completed by one person.
When you move from company to company every few years, you get used to picking up new protocols, procedures, strategies and practices quickly. You learn to meet new people and work with them productively without a lot of ramp-up time. All of these are invaluable talents!
Great initiatives and fresh ideas. • Have you shaken old methods? • Developed a new program. • Target sales, new sales. • Reached new clients?
Yes, of course, I can work under pressure because it gives me an opportunity to check my potential and I always like to check my potential and then enhance it further!
The last book I read was Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman