I was running on a different section every few days in the kitchen, operating stoves, ovens, grills and microwaves. Before service, mise-en-place for the day and for the next few days. Very important for all members of kitchen staff was rotation of stocks and proper storage of the goods every 2 days when the deliveries used to come. The menu there is seasonal consisting mainly of pub classics and few oriental-inspired dishes. I was in charge with larder and pastry but I was covering all sections when needed, sometimes running on my own the whole kitchen. I left this place dreaming of a chef career and I hope to find that high-end establishment where I can grow.
First thing in the morning I was doing the reception for fish order from suppliers. Then cleaning, sorting and portioning the fish, cleaning vegetables, precook the sidedishes and sauces. I was operating the stove, cooking fish a la plancha, pan-roasted or oven-roasted. Very important was the mise-en-place for the day and the next 2 days, where possible. From time to time when my section wasn’t extremely busy, I used to help on the pastry where the head chef or senior sous chef was in charge.
My first job in the kitchen, quite demanding but it was a great opportunity for me to learn the basics. The menu was New York style brasserie, focusing on international cuisine and BBQ classics.
• Take drink orders and, for lunch and dinner, food orders ; • Assist clients in menu decisions; • Preparation of the cofees; • Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks; • Serve drinks and food; • Wash glassware and utensils after each use; • Collect payment and operate a cash register; • Maintain cleanliness in bar area. • Clean tables and dining area.
• Make the bookings for the hotel rooms; • Inform the customers about the facilities of the resort; • Preparation of the cofees and fresh juices; • Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks; • Serve drinks; • Wash glassware and utensils after each use; • Collect payment and operate a cash register; • Maintain cleanliness in bar area.
• Set the breakfast-buffet; • Supervise the service staff during breakfast; • Assist the Maitre D and follow his orders; • Partcipate at the dinner service as a waiter; • Set tables for dinner; • Greet customers and the members of management team in the outdoor restaurant; • Assist clients in menu decisions; • Take orders for drinks and food; • Serve drinks and food; • Clean tables and dining area; • Make, together with the Maitre, the list of necessary goods for restaurant for the next day.
• Mixing ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks; • Washing glassware and utensils after each use; • Pouring wine and beer; • Collecting payment and operate a cash register; • Ordering and maintaining liquor and bar supplies; • Arranging bottles and glasses to make attractive displays; • Providing consistent prompt, friendly service; • Assisting clients in menu decisions; • Maintaining cleanliness in dining area; • Participating in monthly staff meetings and training sessions.
• To learn and apply all the basics regarding table settings; • To learn and apply how to greet customers; • To learn and apply the best ways to provide a good service; • Follow direct orders of the senior waiter or restaurant manager; • Take drink orders; • Serve drinks and food; • Colect dirty plates and glasses after a meal was finished; • General cleaning of the dining room.
Mainly a team player, I don't like to stand out as an individual and I always support my colleagues.
I dream to become a good chef, make a family and live in a small peaceful town in the countryside.
Small gastropub, modern food and friendly teammates.
In about 5 years I want to be at a Junior Sous Chef level. And from there it's only one way to go. Up!
I enjoy working in a team and my best results are as part of a team.
Sous Chef in a gastropub.
First I learned how to manage lunch service on my own in the kitchen. Then how important is to be part of a team and to make it work. I learned to be an active team member bringing all the time new ideas on the table.
1300€ and live in.
"The best ever dishes" by Tom Kerridge