Mechanical Engineer, ENERGY BIO CHEMICALS SA - Onesti, Bacau, Romania
Work domain - It Telecom:
1. Increasing the discharge/charge capacity of Petroleum products in rail tanker (from 1000 to 5000 cm/day).
2. Construction of a nitrogen stations with a capacity of 200cm/h .
3. Building a ramp for charge bitumen.
4. Restoration water network.
5. Building a new line of rubber production (5000 to/month)
These are just some of the most important projects in which I was involved.
My responsibilities falls into two categories: piping design and equipment design.
• Concerning piping design my responsabilities are - working with assigned Project Piping Engineer (who may be the Lead Piping Engineer for the PED) to define the detailed scope of work (SOW) for piping engineering and design for projects. Once the SOW is defined, I assist the Project Piping Engineer to develop the progress plan, staffing, scheduling, monitoring and controlling phases of projects. - Reviewing and interpreting Piping Engineering and Design requirements for proposals and for project execution. - Estimating work volume, man-hour requirements, and working budget for Piping Engineering and Design. - Maintaining balanced load between department and projects to meet or exceed department production and budget targets. - Preparing or superviseing the preparation of plot plans, profiles/sections, equipment layout/orientation studies, detailed aboveground and underground piping routing plans, orthos, PDS equipment modelling, pipe routing and isometric extraction, piping material specifications, pipe stress and support design/selection, pipeline alignment sheets, and other requisite functions required for complete piping/pipeline engineering and design and checking on projects. - Monitoring and controling the Piping Engineering and Design schedules, budgets and progress in line with the established project policies and procedures. - Directing and/or preparing the Piping portion of data books and mechanical catalogues for the safe installation, maintenance and operation of engineered piping elements (e.g. special valves or spring hangers/supports). - Working with the Engineering Management Team to develop, monitor and maintain the PED Quality Program for ISO 9001 certification and periodic re-certification.
• Concerning equipment design my responsabilities are to create assambly drawings, including bill of materials, and detail drawings. I’m responsible for detailed package-outline, development of 3D CAD and fabrication of drawing packages, processes and assembly procedures. Request feedback from machines or other equipments operators to develop design of highest quality and cost effectivness. Generally, I’m involved in the design of fluid transport equipment: pumps, compresors, heat exchangers, vessels, tanks.