Analyst, WNS Global Services
Work domain - Finance:
Finance / Accounting
From June’10 till July’12 – For the Sony Electronic Europe (Worked on SAP)
• Transition on Finance and Accounting process in Spain and England
• General ledger activities and Accounting in Spain( for two months) , England(
For 2 months) during the implementation of a new structure organization and accounting procedures for Sony Electronic Europe Wave4.
• General Ledger and Accounting activities in England for 4 months during the implementation of a new structure organization and accounting procedures for Sony Electronic Europe Wave1.
• Working on Profit and Loss variance analysis, produce variance analysis and commentary of Actuals to Budget.
• Balance Sheet Reconciliation (Handling a team of four people)
• Prepared documentation and adhoc reports and analysis.
• Maintain a master list of monthly journal entries
• Record supporting information for all journal entries
• Enter all journal entries into the accounting software
• Create recurring journal entry templates
• Ensure that recurring entries are changed or terminated at appropriate trigger points
• Prepare prepayments and accrual analysis
• Booking month end accruals (A&P Accrual, Logistic Accrual, APW Accrual etc.)
• Essbase reporting on Inventory, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Profit
• Devaluation creation and posting in SAP
• Prepare periodic financial/management reports
• Assist in projects involving process automation and documentation.
From March’08 to May’10 – For Marsh & McLennan Companies (Worked on Oracle)
• Accounting Analyst function deliverables includes creation of Journal entries, both in Oracle and Basys, Misposting correction, Expensing Prepaid Rent, Standard and Recurring Journal, Revenue Sharing Entries, Account and Department Reclass Entries, Revenue Allocation, Recognition, Deferral, Balance Sheet Open items Etc.
• Management Reporting function deliverables includes Balance Sheet Review and Analysis, Monthly close as per business calendar, various reports like Revenue Share (including Domestic, Foreign, and Affiliates), Revenue Deferral, Revenue Accrual, Relocation, OP Analysis, and Open Payable/Receivable. Quarterly Reporting (various BS Schedules), Age Balance Sheet (Quarterly).
• Suspense Monitoring and Clearing-Responsible to clear all the suspense items for west zone.
• Preparing and maintaining Balance sheet reconciliations and balance sheet support schedule in compliance with time & accuracy norms.
• Ensuring end to end accounting, including journals, reports, tax packs, and other reports and financial statements.
• Preparation of Time Sheet/Calendar & Dashboard for Monthly & Quarterly Reporting for timely deliverables to Client.