Work domain - Technicians:
• 09/2007 – 05/2011: London Metropolitan University – BA(Hons) Banking&Finance, 2:1
• 12/2009 – passed the Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 1 exam
• 01/2007 : TOEFL English test - Score : 108 out of 120 pts.
• 09/2000 - 07/2003 : "L.Blaga" University, Sibiu, Romania – (BA equivalent) Applied IT. Dissertation project – Distributed Applications, Grade - 8.5
• 09/1996 - 07/2000 : "Energetic" Highschool, Sibiu, Romania. Qualification: assistant programmer. Baccalaureate overall grade- 8.98
• 10/2003 – 03/2004 – AJOFM Sibiu & Bulevard Hotel Sibiu Romania, cooking course (6 months, theory & practice)+ diploma.
Relevant skills developed from individual/group projects and assignments – computer programming, project management, planning and organization, problem analysis, presentation skills, team work, knowledge of financial instruments & markets, accounting, economics, valuation techniques, quantitative analysis, corporate finance, portfolio management theory, geopolitics and other relevant areas.
• 02/2012 – 05/2012 : Natural Gas Trader, GHF Derivatives, Bucharest, Romania.
• 06/2009 – 06/2010 : Industrial Placement Analyst – Basel Modeling & Portfolio Stress Testing for unsecured products, Lloyds Banking Group, London, UK. Duties – Assist in the delivery of model development and stress testing solutions via a number of activities including: data extraction and analysis, validations, calibrations, ad-hoc tasks using a variety of techniques for stress-testing and model-building projects, personal training and development. Won the L.B.G. “Spark” award for June 2010. Used SAS, SQL, Excel, etc.
• 04/2004 - 06/2009 : Hospitality Industry, various employers & jobs, including :
- commis chef - SC.Zilex COM Sibiu, Romania (4 months)
- food production assistant - Quality Cuisine, Kingsteignton, UK (5 months)
- cashier, bartender, host, cook, housekeeper - Ruby's Inn, Bryce, Utah, USA (5 months)
- kitchen assistant – Fuller’s Hung,Drawn&Quartered, Tower Hill, London, UK (3 months)
- kitchen porter – William Curley Chocolatier, London UK (5 months)
- kitchen assistant – Charlie’s Portobello Café, London UK (7 months)
• 01/2006 – 03/2006 : labourer, Zirker Apple Farm, Herxheim, Germany. Duties – pruning trees.
• 06/2000 – 11/2003 : SC Tany SRL, Sibiu, Romania – retail stores manager(family business). Duties - contacting suppliers, keeping stores supplied, identifying new products and locations.
Demonstrated skills – dedication to building a career in the industry, numeracy and IT skills, ability to work under pressure, adaptability, team work and interpersonal skills, problem solving and creative thinking, customer skills, programming, modeling and statistics.
Hobbies & Interests : any sports/outdoor activities such as hiking & photography, swimming, football, etc.
English level : fluent.